Having competed with various Senators for years, I decided a model with a folding prop might be better. So I built a Buckeridge Lightweight. There is no doubt the model is a great improvement. The nose on the Senator is too short because of fitting the balsa in the box for the kit. Having the wing on cabanes with the Buckeridge allows me to adjust the wing to move the cg. This is brilliant. The wing has a very peculiar section which is supposed to prevent stalling. It strikes me more of a bodge, so that the wing can be built without tilting the t/e. I am not sure why the fus is so bulky either. Anyway it flies a dream and is much easier to trim. I have 4 screws up front to adjust the thrust line and a trim tab to adjust rubber. On its second competetive outing at Salisbury Plain I forgot to set the timer going. After 5 mins it was timed out of site. I spent an hour looking for it. A week later a farmer telephoned that he had found it in his field - 15 miles from where I launched it. The wings are warped beyond repair so I will have to make another set. I reckon it flew for about 1 hour 20 mins. That is my personal best!!
"Parting is such sweet sorrow" !!!!