2007 Free Flight W/C

Home Forums Free Flight FAI Models & Flying 2007 Free Flight W/C

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Bill Shailor
    Participant

The 2007 World Champs is fast approaching. For those interested, the website is:
    http://www.wffc2007.com/index.php
    Best of luck to our team!
    Bill

Anonymous
    Inactive

Best of luck to all other teams as well.

rivers
    Participant

The website does not seem to function as of now. Most likely it’s too early for any news. I’ll check it later.

Norm Furutani
    Participant

Best of Luck, Team USA!

I’ll pass on the Speedo/Black Sea team pic.

– Norm

Anonymous
    Inactive

Please don’t let that be what I think it is…Puullleeeze, God, don’t let it be that! 😳
    -lex

gos
    Participant

We want the pic, we want the pic, we want the pic, we want the pic, we want the pic, we want

OOOOO, fingers getting tired. LOL

Anonymous
    Inactive

I can now confirm that Team GBR have a special calender on offer; available at Odessa. It covers the last 6 months of this year and the first 6 of next year and notes all open internationals dates and venues.

The photos, in the style of the film (movie) ‘Calender Girls’, has the hunky Brits in poses with only their flying equipment to cover their modesty. Think F1C guys behind their starter boxs πŸ˜† and the Wake fliers holding their winders 😳 . Then there are the larger-than-life F1A modellers smiling with only pennants in view, kind of like in ‘Borat’ style 😯 .

All proceeds to the team travel fund. You wont be dissapointed !

Bill Shailor
    Participant

Some results are now up!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi!

Y’all probably get the same info I do, but it sounds like F1C had the best weather days….after a tornado hit the flying site when they were practicing the other day! I just want to know what happened in the 5th round that gave Daddy the only max out of our guys?! Apparently he was one of 28 to make the 1st flyoff, and 15 to make the second?

He placed 8th! πŸ˜€

I haven’t heard from him at all since a voicemail last Sunday that he’d lost his wallet! πŸ™„

Thanks Everybody!
    -lex

Anonymous
    Inactive

The USA F1A team placed 22nd overall.
    F1B got 11th, and the F1C guys took 5th place:!:
    -lex

JLorbiecki
    Participant

Hi All!!!

Yup, we are back….And I now have the way that all contests should be run. Round 1,2,3,4….6,7,8……

John and I hate 5th round…In the Black Sea cup contest he was clean to the fifth, and then tried a differnt launch because of the high wnds and the airplane didn’t like it- 80 sec!!

Then in the WC, John and the team was clean going into the 5th and I guess I could blame Bucky. He went up, all normal, and the airplane fell outta the sky with a 157. John went up next and went well up, great everyting, and he fell out at 162 plus the airplane hit a concrete something and broke it. Ron had a model break the round before and went to his number three and he also went nuts… So, FR was the only one to make it….

Overall, the power team did good- As long as you don’t count the fifth…

Was very proud of John as he did very well against all the best in the world. He never blew a launch and the models performed well….We just need gears to keep up with everyone else. We did ultimately break two airplanes, but had enough to complete the mission- 6 maxes and a 162…

So, thanks to everyone that provided money. We used it all!!!

Bill Shailor
    Participant

I’d say the whole team did us proud. Tough conditions to say the least!
    Of the 100 or so fliers who competed for a spot on the team, 9 went and 91 of us were wishing we had. So, regardless of how they did, they made it and I didn’t.
    Congrats to all!

JLorbiecki
    Participant

FR looking “concerningly” at his flyoff flight….As well as Ron getting ready….

JLorbiecki
    Participant

You are right Bill!!! Unless you have done this deal, you don’t realize all that goes into making it work. The flying is such a small part. It is all the behind the scenes stuff that takes the time. John T. was one of the chief chaser and comments were made that all teams should have kids on them for their good legs…..Many of the models were going 1.5 to 2 kilometers down wind- this was tracked via GPS, so it is pretty accurate.

So, anyone that wants to donate a geared hummer or VE engine, feel free to send to us! John is all pumped up and wants more power!!!

JLorbiecki
    Participant

A few more….John, of course….and Stafford Screen did it again, hitting power lines and exploding his best model (on an overrun, of course…)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.