2012 Jr Free Flight Team Fund Raiser

Home Forums Free Flight Juniors 2012 Jr Free Flight Team Fund Raiser

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  nffs-admin 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nffs-admin
    Keymaster

To help raise funds for the 2012 USA Jr. FAI Free Flight Team we will be holding a raffle for this quilt over several months. Tickets will be available from several sources and the quilt will be on display at a number of contests, including the upcoming NATS, Endless October in Lost Hills and the 2012 Maxmen.
    Tickets will be $5 each or 6 for $25. They can be purchased in person at any of the above mentioned contests or you may send a check or money order payable to Charlie Jones at 32130 Cambridge Circle , Avon Lake OH 44012. Please include your return address and email so that we may send a receipt and tickets back to you.
    The final sales and drawing will be held at the 2012 MaxMen/America’s Cup Banquet.
    The idea for the quilt came from Janna and Brian VanNest. It was hand sewn and is a twin or couch size and made entirely of cotton including the batting. If you have questions you may contact Charlie Jones at f1bwakefield@yahoo.com.

nffs-admin
    Keymaster

We have only 4 weeks left until the raffle will be conducted at the America’s Cup Banquet, February 10, 2012. If you would like to purchase tickets for the Quilt please send me an email or contact me via snail mail at Charles Jones, 32130 Cambridge Circle, Avon Lake, OH 44012.

nffs-admin
    Keymaster

Buy a raffle ticket for a chance to win Bob White’s #23 Twin Fin Wakefield

In 1987 The FAI World Championships were held in France. It was one of the most memorable World Championships ever. The Wakefield event was decided in the eleventh round on the seven minute max (rules back then had flyoff flights increasing by one minute each round). It would be the last “simple” Wakefield to win the Wakefield Cup. Robert White of the United States of America, was the 1987 Wakefield World Champion. The model Bob flew in this contest was #22 is now on display in the AMA Museum.

Due to a generous donation we are now offering the chance to win the sister ship #23 that Bob also had ready as the back up model in that World Championships. The ship is the famous and well documented twin fin in original condition of Bob’s color scheme of red and white.

The proceeds of this raffle will go to benefit the 2012 Junior FAI Free Flight Team that is head to Slovenia this summer. Please support these young competitors chase their dreams.

To purchase a chance at winning this model you may acquire raffle tickets online at the NFFS Website, https://freeflight.org, or directly from Charlie Jones (f1bwakefield@yahoo.com). Tickets are $10 each and your donation will be tax deductable if you purchase them thru the NFFS Website.

The winning ticket will be drawn at the Americas Cup Banquet on February 10, 2012.

nffs-admin
    Keymaster

Both raffles are completed the winning tickets were drawn at the America’s Cup Banquet on Saturday, Feb 11. Sally Clapp was the winner of the Quilt and Jim Bradley was the winner of the Bob White Model.

I would like to thank all of those who participated in this fund raiser for our Junior Team.

Should you like to make an additional donation to support the team you may contact me and I can provide you the details.

Thank you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.