Basic F1C/AMA powered outdoor free flight trimming?

Home Forums Free Flight All Gas Basic F1C/AMA powered outdoor free flight trimming?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Charles Hofacker
    Participant

I’m new to free flight and I’m in the process of selecting and building a gas powered outdoor free flight competition model for AMA events 102/103. I’ve been looking for information on flight trimming. In many of the articles I’ve found it says that trimming has been previously addressed and needn’t addressed in detail again. I haven’t found it. At least not in one spot. Is there a concise, complete procedure documented somewhere for beginners? I need to study that before the many tips out there make sense. And, of course, I’d like to complete the trim procedure without destroying the model.

Thanks for your help
    CRH

Dean McGinnes
    Participant

Charles,

Go to the Texas Timers website. http://www.texastimers.com. On the home page he has a link to Don DeLoach’s excellent on trimming locked down (no VIT, Autorudder, bunt etc.) gas models. This is a comprehensive article and you would do well to stick to Classic locked-down models to start with. There are some excellent kits out there as well. If you have more questions reply to my email: flydean@att.net

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.