COX TD 15

Home Forums Free Flight All Gas COX TD 15

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have just acquired a Cox td 15 off ebay and am looking for a suitable model to make for it. Any suggestions greatfully received.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi DocJames

Any number of 60’s designs for the 15 would do but my preference would be the Pulteri design that won the 1962 World Champs.

Ployd

DAN BERRY
    Participant

You might look into a Lucky Lindy or a JaysBird. Or maybe a 320 Satellite, with a few mods. Bear in mind, the TeeDee isn’t nostalgia legal.
    Dan

JLorbiecki
    Participant

The TD .15 would be great on an AMA version of the Joe Wagner designed Uranus. A friend had one and it flew very well!! Plus, I think the Uranus is one of the prettier airplanes, with elleptical tips and an oval fuselage…Very nice…

JIM MOSELEY
    Participant

>Joe Wagner designed Uranus.

Surely this is Oscar Maye’s design, drawn by Joe for the magazine? Oscar (and son Jim) come up to the Geneseo meets on occasion and I have a copy of his pencilled plans for an early 1/2A ‘Uranus’

Anonymous
    Inactive

Any suggestions where I can get hold of any of these designs.I managed to get a couple of spare glow heads.It runs well but is very noisy!

DAN BERRY
    Participant

NFFS website plans service will have plans for Jaysbird, Lindy, Pilfered Pearl, NigNog ( maybe), Zingo.

Who said it wouldn’t be noisy?

JLorbiecki
    Participant

Was just looking at this and then the thoughts of the TD 15 I had came back….It made decent power but, if memory serves me right, it did vibrate a fair amount…So, I owuld highly recommend that you definately balance the prop. If it still vibrates, then rotate the prop 180 degrees and try again….Sometimes the slightly out of balance prop will help dynamically balance the engine….Just some thoughts…I seem to recall seeing one vibrate off in flight…Definately moves the CG backwards after that!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have only run it on the bench.I can see prop balancing is a must.Its a pretty evil beast!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.