E20

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Dohrman Crawford
    Participant

Not much going on this time of year. I have repaired my E36 Pearl, and was looking for the next project. (Never mind the stack of airplanes that need covered!)
    My eyes lit upon the E20 packet I got up at Muncie last year. I have been meaning to get around to it, and now was my chance.
    I decided to try a canard E20. Something different.
    I had a Tail Firster embryo that was the fastest climbing embryo I have seen, so I am modifying the design, and tweaking the dimensions.
    Some math has been involved, but mostly TLAR.
    I will post pix when I make some progress.

Anyone else tried a canard E20?

Dohrman Crawford
    Participant

Locally I can only find 1S Lipos that are 150 MAh, instead of 160. The 150 battery is a 45 C battery. Does this 10 Mah make a difference in performance?

Dohrman Crawford
    Participant

Here is the setup. It is reasonably light for this stage. What you see here, plus all other equipment, motor, battery etc, weighs 21 grams. Still have to fit tip fins, DT setup, and cover the wee beastie. It is possible it will be very close to 30 grams.

Rewinged
    Participant

You should be fine with the 150 mAh. I’ve been told by the good flyers here that they usually fly 2 flights before recharging anyway.

–Bill

Dohrman Crawford
    Participant

My E20 is finished, 31 grams, or a little under, ready to fly. All I have to do is rig the DT line and adjust the glide. Right now CG is a little aft, and short glide verified that. I think it will do ok.

Dohrman Crawford
    Participant

Possibly a better photo.

Dohrman Crawford
    Participant

Been having bad luck with the forum, error messages, etc., when I try to post. Here is a better picture of the E20. It now sports a 1 gram ventral fin, which has transformed the glide.
    Tried it out at our last contest. It climbs fast, and to my delight, has a very good glide. Centers well in thermals, too- thought I had lost it!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.