Electric Top Banana

Home Forums Free Flight Photos & Videos Electric Top Banana

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dohrman Crawford
    Participant

Here are a couple of shots of my T.B. for electric. I am going to use this as a test bed to further my education in things electric. I hope to be able to post a picture or two.

Lee Hines
    Participant

Very nice, Dorm!

Leeper

JIM MOSELEY
    Participant

But …. the front end just doesn’t LOOK right, Dohrm ……. 😯

Jim Jennings
    Participant

I think that it is a beautiful thing. Well crafted and powered. 😉

Lee Hines
    Participant

Hey Applehoney Jim!

The rubberband is REMOVED from blades before flights…
    Does that satisfy your esthetic senses?
    [fun to tweak the Brit…nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!]

Leeper

Anonymous
    Inactive

Very interesting.I am just building one and can’t decide whether to put a diesel up front or go electric.My last build was an electric Dixielander which has been great to trim and stays clean. I used a Sergio Zigras Ztron e-timer and 3s lipo 450mah and a chinese motor about 22mm by 24mm.I fly it in F1Q and BMFA power.
    Do I see improvements to the wing structure, by way of a top spar and some diagonals? It has the dreaded single spar underneath on my plan.Guaranteed exponential dihedral and washout! The tail is the same.
    I see the motor is on top of the fus.How does it fly?

JIM MOSELEY
    Participant

“whether to put a diesel up front or go electric”

Definitely the diesel, Doc! Diesels are working when they’re smoking. Electrics are useless after the smoke comes out….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Jim
    I have lots of planes with small diesels.I managed to break the soldered/welded air intake on my favourite Mills 0.4 replica recently.I am awaiting a friend’s repair with silver solder.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have had a lot of pleasure from my electric Dixielander. It is a truly great design.With a decent Lipo it now climbs to a great height in the 20 seconds allowed over here. It is lighter than with an I.C. engine, so it glides really well.

Hey Jim
    I am re-covering my original Senator. I hope to trim it for your postal. In mini vintage I am flying a Buckeridge lightweight at the moment. It glides better with a folding prop and a thinner wing section, although I would not want to risk it in anything but calm conditions.

JIM MOSELEY
    Participant

Doc – there’s a place for the Buckeridge (Senator, too) in the WorldWide Postal ……

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good. Looks like another comp I can enter on a trimming day at Salisbury Plain

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.