Fuel for Cyclon 061

Home Forums Free Flight All Gas Fuel for Cyclon 061

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

What composition fuel should I be using with this? Can one of you experts help?
    ( Sorry,I did try to upload a picture but failed miserably.
    I have a Ukranian F1J, which I have managed not to crash on its first couple of test flights so far!!)
    Thanks in anticipation,
    Jim

BRIAN M PACELLI
    Participant

40%nitro with 20% castor seems to do the trick. Depending on the weather, you might be able to move up to 50% nitro.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi DocJames

I too have a Ukrainian F1J with Cyclon and here I will contradict the last postee in that I run mine on 5% nitro and they will run very nicely on straight FAI fuel. 40 – 50% nitro you don’t need 😉

Ployd in OZ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is pure synthetic contra-indicated?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Doc
    The castor content is okay @ 20%, it’s the excessive nitro that is not warranted. The Cyclon was designed for straight FAI (80 – 20 methanol/castor) and we have not seen any visable difference in model performance using large amounts of nitro … it’s an American thing 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find my glow engines don’t run as well in the English winters and a little nitro helps!
    Of course it is much better in the (ex) colonies, where the sun shines and the thermals boom, even in the winter.
    What prop do you use Palaero.I am awaiting a folder from Dave Edmonson.I am using a cut down 6×2 from Mr Cyclon in Russia (sorry I can’t remember his name).I get the impression it is a bit big.Its now about 5×2.
    Its a dream to run compared with my Cox tds.It starts easily from a flick.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Doc

Yes a little nitro does help but not 40%, 5 -10% is all you need to get the fire burning in an English winter.

As for props I started with a well balanced 6 x 2 APC then purchased direct from Vasily (http://www.vasi.scana.com.ua/index.html) an F1J folder prop assembly which I have yet to try.

Ployd in OZ

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am using 10% nitro at the moment and I think it is pure synthetic.I have been using 4cc in my (the model’s) bladder and wondering why it wouldn’t keep running.I tried 6cc just now, and magic, it runs at full revs with the extra pressure.If it were simple I would get bored! I will put a 6×2 on when I have balanced it.
    Stafford Screen has written about his F1J models in AMI this month and says he is using 30% nitro in his Cyclon.I am a bit loath to burn out plugs till I have it trimmed!He lives nearby and has been very helpful and patient with me.He is always at or near the top in English and international comps.
    Its blowing a gale here again so no trimming for a few days.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.