Isaacson Winter Classic Scores and pics

Home Forums Free Flight Photos & Videos Isaacson Winter Classic Scores and pics

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Norm Furutani
    Participant

Last weekend, the entry count at the combined Isaacson/Zeri was over 250 entries! The scores and Brian’s photo link are on my RCG Blog. Go to: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=44563

Brian has added more pics and a few videos. We could use some help I.D.ing planes and fliers – post comments!

Thanks!

– Norm

gos
    Participant

I can see a few Aussies there…….hope they behaved themselves. LOL.

#8193 Roy Summersby F1C.
    #8607 Malcolm Campbell looking pale, with Dianne & Roy with his eyes closed on the right.
    #3467 Malcolm Campbell on the right with Terry Bond beside him at rear.
    #8619 Phil Mitchell.
    #8620 Vin Morgan.

Norm Furutani
    Participant

Thanks, Gos
    Tags should be posted. Your guys were well behaved – at least when in public!

How about joining them next year?

– Norm

gos
    Participant

@Norm Furutani wrote:

Thanks, Gos
    Tags should be posted. Your guys were well behaved – at least when in public!

How about joining them next year?

– Norm

Sounds good. Would like to.
    Now how do I get an old 6ft span F1C there for the Nos. F1C.
    Guess I could always bring a P30 just for the fun of it.

I must say it looked HUGE. So many people flying FF. Very good indeed.

Glenn Schneider
    Participant

Gos, As I suggested to Roy Summersby, If you are really serious about Vintage FAI, Pack up the airplane and ship it to one of us here in California. Bring your small stuff with you, they had a gollywock mass launch, probably 6 or 7 different events for hand launch/catapult. We had 7 or 8 flyers in Vintage. The weather was spectacular, guys walking around saying “It doesn’t get any better than this” and it couldn’t have. No guarantee on the weather though, it is winter here. The Maxmen this weekend may see some rain. There were more people at this meet than any other I’ve been to at Lost Hills, even more than the US Team selection in October. It was reported that we had flyers from 15 different countries. We can thank the Dutch for bringing the World Cup meet, and they plan to do it again next year. Great Fun! Thermals, Glenn

gos
    Participant

@Glenn Schneider wrote:

Gos, As I suggested to Roy Summersby, If you are really serious about Vintage FAI, Pack up the airplane and ship it to one of us here in California. Bring your small stuff with you, they had a gollywock mass launch, probably 6 or 7 different events for hand launch/catapult. We had 7 or 8 flyers in Vintage. The weather was spectacular, guys walking around saying “It doesn’t get any better than this” and it couldn’t have. No guarantee on the weather though, it is winter here. The Maxmen this weekend may see some rain. There were more people at this meet than any other I’ve been to at Lost Hills, even more than the US Team selection in October. It was reported that we had flyers from 15 different countries. We can thank the Dutch for bringing the World Cup meet, and they plan to do it again next year. Great Fun! Thermals, Glenn

Thanks Glen,

I’ll look at that idea if I do decide to come over.
    Really have no idea at the moment…….but it does sound good.

I can image Roy being keen to do the Nos. thing too……..maybe we can get it going here???????

Norm Furutani
    Participant

Hey! A true international Vintage FAI Challenge! I like this! The Ike can get a perpetual cup. How about it?

– Norm

gos
    Participant

I’m ready to go.
    Got a ’54 Swiss Miss here that had a Green Head Torp.15 in it, but now a Green Head 19, that can come out and I think I might put one of the Oliver Tigers on the nose……..Roy has a Swiss Miss too with a Rothwell Oliver Tiger that flies magnificently. 20 second engine run for these things would see them well up there.

I also have a sheet wing Rossi powered sort of copy of Koster’s 1977 WC winner that I built in 1979 as well as a spare one built a while back.
    7 second motor runs I guess.

Glenn Schneider
    Participant

Gos, Read the US Vintage rules before you select an engine. They are posted in the competition heading in this web site. The greenheads get 20 seconds but Oliver tigers and any of the O.S.Maxes are limited to 13 seconds ROG/VTO for a light (17.5 oz) airplane. You can use a S.T. G 20 (1960)in that group too (V2). Same engines in V3 but the airplane needs to be 27.5 oz and you get 15 seconds hand launch only. For my money, 20 seconds with almost anything is the way to go. Thermals, Glenn

gos
    Participant

@Glenn Schneider wrote:

Gos, Read the US Vintage rules before you select an engine. They are posted in the competition heading in this web site. The greenheads get 20 seconds but Oliver tigers and any of the O.S.Maxes are limited to 13 seconds ROG/VTO for a light (17.5 oz) airplane. You can use a S.T. G 20 (1960)in that group too (V2). Same engines in V3 but the airplane needs to be 27.5 oz and you get 15 seconds hand launch only. For my money, 20 seconds with almost anything is the way to go. Thermals, Glenn

Okay. Might be best to stick the GH15 back in it then.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.