Korda C

Home Forums Free Flight Old Time Rubber Korda C

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ed Hardin
    Participant

I am going to build a Korda C for small rubber stick. The Bob Holman plans show the model set up for right glide, the rudder is offset and also has an airfoil shape for right glide. I have always used left glide for all my rubber models believing a right glide setup could cause the model to power in to the right with high torque. If anyone has experience with this model I would appreciate your input.
    Thanks,
    Ed Hardin

Dean McGinnes
    Participant

Some washin on the right inboard panel like a gas job will fix that.

RANDALL RYAN
    Participant

Ed, I’ve built and flown the model and its really as good performer. The airfoiled rudder was intende more fo power the glide, the airplane will fly a right/left pattern, a simple trim tab and the proper wing warps are all it takes.

CRAIG HOLLIER
    Participant

Ed…would it be illegal to form the rudder airfoil for a left glide! If not I would do that and fly it R/L …I wouldn’t think the plane would know the difference…….unless the wing panels are different…one being longer than the other.
    Enjoy the build and hopefully we will see some pictures….show us some as the build goes…

Craig h

Ed Hardin
    Participant

Craig,
    The SAM rules allow for changes to be made for a DT and some structural modifications, airfoil changes are not permitted, I guess that would apply to the rudder as well. SAM wants to preserve the models as originally designed, except for the DT. I think I’ll set it up for left glide as Randy suggested.
    Ed

Ed Hardin
    Participant

Picture of my Korda C for SAM small rubber stick. With 17″ prop, 18 strands x 36″ long 1/8 rubber should be a Gollywock killer.
    Ed Hardin

CRAIG HOLLIER
    Participant

An immaculate job Ed….nicely done. I wish I could be there to see it being trimmed out and fly. But I will have to rely on Alan Abriss DVD of the Nat’s this coming year in hopes of seeing it.
    Good luck with it and hope it flys on many thermals to take 1st.

Craig h

Bill Shailor
    Participant

Ed, Very nice!
    See you at the NATS!

Ed Hardin
    Participant

Bill,
    I am looking forward to the seeing if John can do a three peat for the Mulvihll Trophy! I know a few have done two in a row, but I don’t know if three has ever been done. Could you give us some details on his model.
    Ed

gos
    Participant

Lovely work on the Korda C……what span is it please?

Ed Hardin
    Participant

Gos,
    The span is 37″, 144 sq in wing area.
    Ed

gos
    Participant

@Ed Hardin wrote:

Gos,
    The span is 37″, 144 sq in wing area.
    Ed

Thanks. Looks very interesting for our Aussie Vintage.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is interesting how people fly. With a free wheeling prop I fly right/right.I like to think it will stay in the thermal or good air that I have chosen. I have read that right/left is the way to go with folding props.With right /left I need a larger field for trimming and I think it can too easily fly out of the thermal that I have waited for, which is what happened to me yesterday in a comp with my Buckeridge lightweight (at least that is my excuse).I agree right/right makes it sensitive to a swooping dive under power.I use screw adjusters for side and down thrust, as a small change makes a big difference. I use wash-in on the right inner panel for right/right flight.
    The Korda C looks a great model, and a bit cheaper on rubber than his wakefield or a Lanzo Stick!!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.