Model ID?

Home Forums Free Flight Nostalgia Gas Model ID?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John Oian
    Participant

This may be early Nostalgia or late OT, I just thought someone here may recognize the model. The person who has the model was told that it might be a “Buzzard”. The only plane I’ve found (That’s close to Buzzard) in the SAM OT lists and Trevor Boundy’s model recognition page, that has a pylon, is Claude McCollough’s Nostalgia era “Buzzer with a 46” span, but no drawing or picture.

Anyone? Thanks, John

DAN BERRY
    Participant

See if it;s a Ranger.

SIMON BLAKE
    Participant

I would guess Megow Ranger oldtimer too. I believe Megow had another design that was similar as well.

John Oian
    Participant

Dan, Simon:
    I do believe you are both correct. The slimming effect of the tapered nose had me a little confused. Maybe tall pointy hats could be the next fashion trend for those a little on the heavy side 🙄 . I’ll pass on the info to the owner (The model info, not the hat idea).

Thanks, John

Bill Schmidt
    Participant

I wonder if after all this time it really matters anymore. I was looking at the pics and checking my MB plan and the model could be an O.O. S.—1939 “Out Of Sight”. you might Refer to page 40 in Danny Sheelds book. Model Builder Magazine had a late plan of it. The pointed nose is the tip off. Wenmacbill

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.