Plans , article for "start switch"

Home Forums Free Flight Equipment Plans , article for "start switch"

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DON MYERS
    Participant

Anyone come across such plans for DIY start switch. Not looking for sub-miniature device. Just needs, on removal of thumb pressure, to tug on tick-off fuel shutoff start lever at launch. Something that can be “cobbled” with normal shop tools( not milling machine!). TIA d-d

DAN BERRY
    Participant

Don,
    I have a system that I’ve been using for years. Pretyy much the same as Tom McLaughlan used. It has never failed me. I don’t really have a drawing of it. I’m going to try to make a sketch and maybe a picture.
    It is simple to make using hand tools. 1/32 wire, 012 wire for a spring and a rubber band for the release point. Its all part of the mounting plate.
    Be a bit patient and I’ll try to get some info.

I probably won’t put it on the Dakota that I cannot find time build. Too busy building new Marvals.

Remember to keep your planes as you’d keep you valuables—locked-up!

DENNIS KARGOL
    Participant

I think there are a lot of us out here that are interested in seeing drawings of this device.

DON MYERS
    Participant

Dan : Thanks. I will be patient. And I had guessed there might be others with interest. I have the tiny Russian one, from F.A.I Supply in two ships.
    A bit fiddily threading the pull wire internally then exiting it near the tickoff. (and then there is the cost, not major but a consideration) Ideal location, seems to me, to be, at, or just behind the CofG.
    Cheers dd

Dean McGinnes
    Participant

Dan,

I too would be interested in a drawing of such a device

DAN BERRY
    Participant

Hey guys
    I’m working on it. Time ,time, time. I don’t know if I can add photos to a missive on the forum. I have bandied the idea of trying to cobble an article for the Digest. I am about to make 2 copies for 2 new planes. I’ll be trying a slightly different method for creating the pivot point. It becomes self-explanatory when you see the rig. It probably adds 15 minutes to making a mounting plate for a timer.
    I’m waiting to find out if I can post pics on here.

Be a bit patient with me.

Dean McGinnes
    Participant

You can always send attachments via email. Albeit you would have to send them to each email address. Something a true Luddite eschews. 😆

DAN BERRY
    Participant

Yeah, I figured that. I’ll make it happen, though. Great, a Luddite with a digital camera. Incongruous, but true. I’ll be taking some pics while I progress on the 2 new ones tonite. Curling has gripped me, and I can’t break free.

DAN BERRY
    Participant

Dean McGinnis and Dan Kargol, send me an email address. PM from memberlist would keep you secure. I have2 pics but because of my Ludditeness can only attach them from my outlook express browser thingy.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.