R/C Drones firing hand guns

Home Forums Free Flight Announcements R/C Drones firing hand guns

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Schwartz
    Participant

I just saw something really serious while watching t v just now. Someone was videotaping a friend flying a quad copter. The quad copter had a hand gun attached to it and it was being fired while in the air. I am afraid if the AMA doesn’t step up their game and do more to control the flying of these mini drones. It could have dire consequences for all of us. You just know someone will post this video on u tube which will go viral. All the FAA has to do is see this video and they will crack down hard on their use and the AMA will be unable to stop the FAA.

Mike

Steve Jensen
    Participant

There was an update on the AMA / FAA drone situation in the SCAT SEN #2080. I also posted it on my FGMAC site http://fgmac.tumblr.com/ .

DAN BERRY
    Participant

AMA cannot do squat about idiots with rotorcopters.

Dean McGinnes
    Participant

In dealing with the faa (never capitalize) I don’t see AMA even mentioning us. That’s a good thing. Maybe the faa doesn’t know we exist. Imagine their horror when they discover that people are sending models, aka “drones” aloft with NO CONTROLS AT ALL!!!!!

Don’t even mention the effect of a boomer thermal or DT malfunction causing a fly away.

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

The faa just announced the rules regarding flying UAS and model aircraft today. All UAS flyers and flyers of model aircraft must register their UAS or model aircraft by 2-19-2016. You must pay a 5.00 registration fee. UAS flyers must pay the fee on “each” one of their UAS and register “each” one of their UAS. Modelers only have to register once and that registration can be used for all your models. This new rule has been made retroactive for everyone. This will hit the UAS hobby hard as by law you must register your UAS prior to making its first flight. You just knew this was going to happen with all the irresponsible flying going on with these drones and quadcopters. In the end the AMA was powerless to stop these new rules on model aircraft flying.

Mike

DAN BERRY
    Participant

It is also against the law to buy heroin, drive a car without insurance or a license and it’s against the law to kill your neighbor.
    There are laws. That’s why those things don’t ever happen.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.