Spearhead Jnr.

Home Forums Free Flight All Gas Spearhead Jnr.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

G’ay All,
    A mate has just given me a loan of some plans and instructions to build a plane called The Spearhead Jnr.
    I’ve just had these plans photocopied and intend to build this plane in the future………………the distant future,probably………and install a Doonside Mills .75 in it…
    Has anyone had any experience with this plane ?????Its a quite a pretty little thing………how does she fly???
    Bye for now..weedie……….
    ________
    YAMAHA YZF-R6

JIM MOSELEY
    Participant

Well enough for a D/T to be used EVERY time .. especially as that’s a Doonside you’re using and not a ‘Curry Mills’…

Anonymous
    Inactive

Jim,
    Curry Mill’s, now thats funny. I have a new Irvine Mill’s and its great. I had a Curry Mill’s .75cc that did run decent, but no way compared to the Irvine. The K-Mill’s 1.5cc Ran pretty darn nice and quality was very good. My Russian 1.5 cc Steel liner Elfin really is a fine engine. Cheers,Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Dan

Iam not sure where the expression came from but in Oz it was one Ivor K that used the phrase “curry Mills” to describe the Indian product.

On a slightly different tack, did you have to modify your Russian Elfin to get it to run properly? All the examples seen in OZ required some rehoning of the liner, new pistons and wrist pins. The other problem that has surfaced is the progressive wearing out of the crankcase bearing resulting in a disc of fuel eminating from behind the prop driver. 😡

Ployd

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ployd,
    Yes I had to lap piston on Ruskie .09 Elfin. It was way to tight. 1200 grit and some cutting oil, very slowly laped it in and it came out good. Had same problem with a .15BB Fox to and did same treatment. Both engines run fine with no problems. Fox says not to do it and I said; Bolderdash and was right !! Both are very trouble free engines and joy to run. Cheers,Dan

Anonymous
    Inactive

Help………….Help…………………my thread’s been hijacked !!!!!
    weedie……..consigned to the wilderness…..!!!
    ________
    Ford model t engine specifications

gos
    Participant

Back on track.

Just build it. lt will fly okay. Never built one, but saw a pic while back somewhere, and all the proportions looked okay.

As Jim said, be sure to put a D/T on it, to lose a Mills of anysort and you’ll cry for weeks—-l did when l lost a real as new 1.3 a couple of years ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.