Spitfire

Home Forums Free Flight Free Flight Scale Spitfire

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Ed Hardin
    Participant

Attached are a couple of pictures of my just completed Spitfire for WWII mass launch.
    Ed Hardin

DAN BERRY
    Participant

Very,very nice!

marauderbomber
    Participant

Good looking warbird. What’s the wing span/weight and finish?

Ed Hardin
    Participant

Built from an Easy Built kit. Wing span is 28″, weight 50 grams, tissue covered with two coats of 50/50 nitrate. The only thing I changed was the rudder and stab outlines are laminated from 1/32 x 1/8 and sanded to approx 3/32, also stab is one piece, kit shows two piece glued to sides of fuselage. Have not flown it yet, any suggestions for a motor size?
    Ed

DAN BERRY
    Participant

6 strands 1/8. 30 inches.

Ed Hardin
    Participant

Thanks Dan, that’s the same motor I use for my Skokie. See you at the NATS.
    Ed

DAN BERRY
    Participant

I’m guessing on the length. It IS a P30 size prop?
    Looking forward to the Nats. I have a new Gollywock. Worked my keister off to get the weight down. saved 8 gms over the old tired one. I might just use the old one out of spite.

Dean McGinnes
    Participant

You might want to put a spinner on. Some of the scale nazis might raise a stink. Looks to me it should score at least 40 points to me, but what do I know?

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, four years between topics on this sector! Congratulations on a fine model and good luck with it at the Nats.

Ed Hardin
    Participant

Dan,
    Yes it’s a Gitmo Geezer P-30 prop. If your new Gollywock is better than your old one you will be hard to handle. I have a new one at 55 grams
    Some have built 40 gram Gollywocks, but I can’t even get close to that.
    Ed

DAN BERRY
    Participant

A 40 gm Gollywock couldn’t survive the fields I fly. 56gms probably wouldn’t last long either.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.