Starduster 600

Home Forums Free Flight All Gas Starduster 600

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PAUL SKELLEY
    Participant

I plan to build a Starduster 600. I vaguley rember being told the stab should be modified. What modifications do you suggest, and will it depend on the engine used? I am considering: Enya 15-3 (Model 3303 Venturi insert tube);Enya 19-V (Model 4005. Venturi insert tube);or Enya 29 (Model 5224. Rectangular venturi,plastic insert). Which engine would be best?

Thanks, Paul [/code][/quote]

DAN BERRY
    Participant

No responses? Yikes!
    Put the 29 on it. Don’t use an iron-on film. Might have a problem with torsional rigidity if you iron on a plastic. That’s with the 29. The smaller motators won’t over-burden the wing. Get to building. The season will be here before you can say lamreht.

JLorbiecki
    Participant

I seem to remember something about making the stab thinner. Don’t know why I remember that, but…

I agree, cover it with silkspan or tissue or silk- Structurally, it is a bit week. My son has a 600 with a K&B .15RR that does OK…The .29 should be fine, just watch the CG. I know of one guy that started with a Fox .15, then a Fox .35, then a Fox .40…..Luckily they didn’t make a bigger motor back then.

DAN BERRY
    Participant

I think alot of guys have built the 600 w/ Tigre 19/23 engines. I would think the Enya 29 makes about the same power. Its pretty big for a 15 or even a 21 when flying east of the Rockies. I don’t know about the stab.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.