The Golden Age of 1/2A Special Event

Home Forums Free Flight All Gas The Golden Age of 1/2A Special Event

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 211 total)
  • Author
    Steve Jensen
    Participant

The Golden Age of 1/2A event will be held at the Dual Clubs Bonanza Contest on 5/20-21/2017, as well as the Isaacson Contest 2/13/17.

Scott Lapraik
    Participant

Well I’ve thrown my hat into the 1/2A Golden Age arena. Attached is my 1/2A beast!! Geodetic Galaxy, pwr. .051 T.D.. Flying weight is 212 Grams (7.5 ozs.) Should be interesting.

Scott

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    SIMON BLAKE
    Participant

Nice model! I built one of those when I was a kid and didn’t have much luck with it. I’ve been thinking about giving it another shot now that I’m older and hopefully know more. However, I was looking at the 2017 NATS schedule and noticed that Golden Age is not on there, which I thought it should have been because it’s a provisional event. So, the event just isn’t being flown at any of the contests I can get to, which is really unfortunate.

Scott Lapraik
    Participant

Simon, the Geodetic Galaxy is probably my favorite free flight plane. I fly the 585 and 1/2A now and love them both.

Scott

Rudy Kluiber
    Participant

Simon,
    There will be three contests at Muncie this year that will have Goldn Age 1/2A.
    Flyers should be posted soon

Rudy

Bruce Hannah
    Participant

Scott i’m not sure but your stab seems a little smaller than the Galaxie I have, also the wing also seems different.Is this a different model from the kit? Looks very nice they are very good planes.

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Rudy, Glad to hear about the 3 contests at Muncie that will have the Golden Age 1/2A event included. The latest rules for Golden Age are part of the 2017 NFFS rule book.

Scott Lapraik
    Participant

Bruce, it’s a scaled down Galaxy. Same wing and stab cord just shorter.

Scott

Robert Dunham II
    Participant

Scott,
    I think Bruce Hannah is right, your 1/2A Galaxy intended for the 1/2A Golden Age event is different from original stock version. See attached plans for the original 1/2A version. Golden Age allows scaling of design but doesn’t allow modifications like shortening the wing and stab aspect ratio. Your version however, is still good for 1/2A Gas and 1/2A Classic events.
    Robert Dunham II

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Mike Schwartz
    Participant

Robert is correct on the Golden Age design rules. You can scale the model to any size you want, but it must be built to the original plan outline. As part of Golden Age, we wanted to honor the original designer and the model he created.

Mike

Mike Schwartz
    Participant

The Golden Age 1/2A has a facebook group page. As of today there are 258 members. Join and post your photo’s and make comments as well. it’s all neat and fun stuff.

Steve Jensen
    Participant

The 1/2A Golden Age Event is scheduled to be flown at the San Valeers contest in April and the Fresno / Orbiteers Dual Clubs contest in May. Both at Lost Hills.

Steve Jensen
    Participant

The Facebook Public Group is where all the action is now. 450 members.

Jeffry Worsham
    Participant

Hello- I’m new here and thinking about flying some FF after being away from it 45 years. Can someone please point me to the approved design list for Golden Age 1/2A? I went thru all the pages in this thread and found bits and pieces as the list was coming together, did I miss the final form? Thank you

Steve Jensen
    Participant

There is no ‘final form’. The unofficial, unapproved list is continually being added to. Send me a message with your email address and I will send the list to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 211 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.