PLUS!!! Wright Stuff and ELG Flying at the AMA Indoor Nationals/NFFS US Indoor Championships!!!
Presented in partnership by the National Free Flight Society (NFFS) and Science Olympiad Inc.
Chuck Andraka, “Coach Chuck,” Coach of 2018 and 2019 Science Olympiad Helicopter and Wright Stuff national championship teams
Brian Turnbull, “Coach Brian,” Coach of 2018 and 2019 State of Michigan Helicopter and Wright Stuff gold, silver and bronze medal teams
Date: Wednesday July 21, 2021 (see COVID note below)
Time: Seminar/Workshop: 7:00am – 9:00am Flying: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (see below)
Location: Ultimate Soccer Arenas (https://ultimatesoccerarenas.com/)
867 South Blvd., Pontiac, Michigan 48341
- Seminar/Workshop is during the AMA Indoor Nationals/NFFS US Indoor Championships
- Fly and compete with your SO airplanes and observe world class FAI/AMA competitors
- Flying site: 66-foot ceiling; floor area of 80 by 125 yards; blowers turned off
- A food court, conference rooms and lavatories are all available within the complex.
- The complex is relatively new, neat, clean and in a safe neighborhood. There is ample lighted parking adjacent to the flying site, which is designated as “Building 3.”
- More about the AMA Indoor Nationals
Pre-registration required <click here to register>
- Registration Fee: $50 per school for a 4-person team of 2 coaches and 2 students
- Limit of 80 total participants from 20 schools
- 2 students from each school (20 Wright Stuff and 20 ELG flyers total)
- SWAG for students: 1-year NFFS Membership, SCRAPS living room airplane kit, etc.
- Wright Stuff and ELG flying strategy, rubber motor winding, propeller and motor matching, airplane trimming
- Construction demos, including: custom propellers, carbon application, ultrafilm covering
Flying Schedule (for preregistered students):
- Elastic Launch Glider (ELG): 9:00 am – 12 noon
- Wright Stuff: 12 noon – 4:00 pm
*COVID Disclaimer: All participants will be notified if State of Michigan or local government COVID restrictions require cancellation or rescheduling.